With extensive experience in residential, commercial and landscape architecture, dominick comerford architects also has expertise in project management, contract administration, planning and building regulation and building control compliance.
We work in collaboration with competent and professional building contractors and construction consultants as required. There is the option of availing of a full or partial service, depending on your requirements. Our fees will reflect the level of architectural input.
- Domestic Extensions, refurbishments and upgrades
- Outline sketch design and project feasibility
- Preparation of building budgets and cost plans
- Planning permission application
- Tender package preparation
- Building contract preparation and administration
- Snag list
- Assigned certifier in accordance with BC(A)R 2014
- Project supervisor design process (PSDP) SWH Act 2013
Fees can be charged on a percentage basis, agreed fixed fee or on a time-charge basis. Fees are only charged based on the work we are involved in and can be for a full or partial service, depending on what is required. We prefer to agree a fixed fee when the scope of work and extent of service is established. We are flexible and always open to discussing the level of service required and can agree a suitable fee arrangement.
We offer a free consultation service to discuss your project requirements. Please call us on 087 242 7592 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Typical Stages of a Project
An architectural project is usually divided into 3 or 4 main stages, with a number of sub-stage. Each stage incurs approximately one third of the overall fee.
- Initial meeting to discuss overview and extent of work (no charge)
- Design and planning
- Tender preparation and cost analysis
- Contract administration and supervision for construction
Typical one-off design schemes and budget costings can be carried out reasonably easily and charged on a time-charge basis. Typical charge for this for an average medium-sized house will range from €1000 - €1500 depending on the level of input required.
Sub-stages of a project:
- Brief development
- Site survey
- Sketch Design and
- Planning Approval / Compliance as relevant
- Design development
- Specification and Tender process
- Building Regulation Compliance
- Selection and Appointment of Contractor
- Contract administration and co ordination of construction stage on site
- Stage Payment Certification
- Certification on Completion